I started this year with fewer goals than last and STILL i did not achieve them. Looking back, i can't really say it was a fantastic year. I hardly remember the things i've done except that i seemed to have fallen (yes, literally FALL) more times this year than the last 5 years combined. I'm not that clumsy, am i? 8P
I thought that things would start looking up these few days but when my car tyre got punctured last Friday, i felt a little deflated (no pun intended). My aunt's car tyre went flat on Saturday and on Christmas, we stopped to help a church member who had a flat tyre also. I was just commenting to Dad there seemed to be so many mishaps happening. :\
Yesterday morn, i nearly slipped on the stairs in my office carpark. Another clumsy moment (??). I was supposed to go for Cath's party at night but for some reason, decided to go home instead. Just as i was packing up to leave the office, Dad called to say he had an accident.
When passing the crossroad near my place after breakfast, a car rammed into his car. He had the right-of-way and even honked at the junction to make sure the road was clear before crossing. Next thing he heard was a loud bang and the whole car shook and skidded to the side. Apparently the woman (in the other car) was speeding and went headlong into his passenger side. Of course she insisted she had right of way and blah blah blah... but my Dad pointed out to her that
1. There is a huge STOP sign on the road where she was coming from
2. She should've stopped at the crossroad before going through
3. She shouldn't be speeding in a residential area
She must be a mighty awful person coz she STILL insisted that she had right of way even AFTER Dad AND the tow-truck driver AND the policemen (note: plural - "men") told her she committed an offence. Seems she was complaining and whining all the way from the accident to the tow-truck to the police station to the workshop to home. Aarrghh.. only my Dad would have the patience to deal with such a horrible being. If it had been me, i think i would've double-taped her mouth shut.
Anyway, i'm just very thankful that Dad is ok and didn't suffer any injuries. He's supposed to go back to hometown to start his new position today but now, he's called the office to inform that he's temporarily 'stranded' here.
Hopefully things get better in the coming year....
3 comments:
That is way to bad about your dad Amelia..
It seems like you are going through a lot of stuff.
Do you still have a cold?
Sometimes things can be so depressing,eh?
I had to laugh when you said you would double tape that lady's mouth! I can just picture you doing that!! ha!!
Well I guess I will say good night and check on you tomorrow.. I hope this day goes better for you..Love Terry
I've recovered from the cold. :D Just trying to look on the positive side of things.
Have a good day!!
Dear Amelia...I hope everything is going good for you this last day of 2006 although seeing it is about 3 in the morning where you are, maybe you are alreday into 2007...I don't know.
Anyway 2006 will be going out for me with my having the flu!
I didn't go anywhere today. Usaully Bernie and I go after church every week to my Dad's for dinner. I must tell you Amelia,today the family had one nice quiet dinner without me there.
Bernie and my sister, Grace went over just the same.
When my dad called about 230 he told me that Bernie was just finishing up the dishes, That is his job every week...HA!
"Well that will be just fine Dad because his hands will be nice and warm when he comes home and I make him rub my back!"
Catch you next year dRaGoNfLy WiNgS... It was surely nice to have met you in the year 2006!!....Love Terry
HAPPY NEW YEAR....my friend
Post a Comment