Off-days for Christmas: 0
Presents to buy: 30.. and counting
Presents bought: 0
Ugh… I can tell i’m already off to a bad start for Christmas this year. Gone are the days when i’m highly organized and efficient that all gifts would be bought, wrapped and tagged months before Christmas.
Now i’m hoping to high heavens that i will be able to buy presents in time for Christmas AND not, God forbid, forget anyone. Don’t you just hate it when you don’t buy a present for someone (coz you’re not that close) and he/she gives you one? Then you’re left scrambling frantically for one to give in return. And the following year, when you think you’ve got it covered by getting his/her present in advance, then the other person doesn’t give you any. *groan* and the whole cycle repeats itself the following years. Sheesh...
Cilla said i should post my Christmas wish list here as a reminder to others. (You know… in case anyone…erm… don’t know what to get me… and in this season of giving, we should ensure people don’t feel bad. :P)
So here’s my list of immediate needs (Note: ‘Needs’ not ‘wants’):
- my own place i.e: condo
- a laptop
- new handphone (ok.. maybe not so immediate need but my current phone is getting cranky on me already)
- a holiday – anywhere that has indoor plumbing and cool weather :P
- cash (DUH! I’m always in need of this scarce commodity)
3 comments:
Dear dRaGoNfLy wInGs...Here you have a taker.. I can send to you specially some nice winter pictures![if there is such a thing as a "nice" winter..my idea of "nice" would be a green Christmas!]
Maybe if you take a good long look at these pix, it would cool you off!
As for Christmas shopping, Bernie and I celebrate it all year through! One year it was about in August that the starter went on my car and when he bought one to install, Bernie said to me.."There you go! THAT takes care of your birthday AND Christmas,seeing as your birthday is just around the corner!
Thanks Bernie...I love you too! Ha!!
Presents?...It is the same with Christmas cards D.W. It doesn't bother me but sometimes the card that I have sent to someone I hadn't thought about for a while, well THAT person feels bad that they didn't send us one and then you get one from THEM in the mail about January and it sets you to thinking.."Aha!!THIS is a card that is saying, "Sorry I missed you at Christmas! Blame the slow Canadian Postal servcie!"
You DON"T have indoor plumbing?
Sorry I can't help you on that one!
Maybe there will be another taker from your long list of relatives and friends..
Have a good day and God bless...from Terry in COLD Canada Brrrr...
Hahaha... I DO have indoor plumbing. Am full-fledged city girl so can't imagine life without it.
I put that disclaimer in in case someone thinks it funny to suggest a holiday in some god-forsaken place in which i have to use a shovel and an umbrella to take care of...erm...business. ;D Ugh! Let's not even go there. :P
Sending more sunshine to you!
Dear dRaGoNfLy WiNgS...You know what there is no such thing as a god-forsaken place but I sure don't like to shovel!! Bernie usually does this but I HAVE to clean off the snow from my little red car when I am working at the Palace!! No choice!
I am a full fledged city girl too I think.
When Bernie and I used to motorcycle out west, we tented all the way but I always insisted that we stop at camp grounds that had "inside plumbing"... I didn't mind roughing it but I did not like "out houses"!! Eek!! My mother told me that when I was two years old I fell head first into one ot those things!! Her and my aunt were laughing so hard about it that I almost drowned before they got me out!!
Well I will just mosey on and read a little more of your blog....From Terry sending you God's love..
Post a Comment