Sunday, 21 January 2007

The gazebo where we had brunch


Brunch menu:
Egg sandwiches, carrot & cucumber sticks with sour cream & garlic dip, variety of local 'kuih', fresh cherries, chocolate muffins, apple juice, root beer and water. ;D

2 comments:

Terry said...

The whole menu sounds simply scrumptious Amelia...I would have had everything but the garlic!
And what NO spaghetti salad?
You KNOW how I love THAT!!

What is "kuih"?

Root beer is alright but did they have pepsi?

Do you drink a lot of coffee in Malaysia?

Well better get to your other posts Amelia..
I guess you might say I am working backwards, eh? ...Love Terry

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

"kuih" is the Malay word-equivalent for cake.

We usually use the word "kuih" for local sweetcakes as a distinction from the "western-style" cakes. :D

We do have Pepsi here. I wanted to have only juice or water but since there was a bottle of rootbeer in the fridge, Cilla brought it along as well.

As for coffee, it's EVERYWHERE!! We have local style coffee shops as well as Starbucks, San Francisco Coffee, etc.

Will try to take some pix and post a little more info about Malaysia for you soon. ;D