These past few weeks just hasn't been right. I've no appetite to eat. Food seem tasteless. I can't sleep and when i do, i wake up at the oddest hours. I get panic attacks over the most trivial things. Every day is like a 'salmon day' where all i seem to do is fight the currents to swim upstream and in the end, die... or feel as if i did. And the next morning, it starts all over again.
I seem clumsier than usual. I encounter time vacuums when i have absolutely no recollection of what i did. I repeat myself coz i can't remember if i've already said it or if i was planning to.
There are days when i find it difficult to concentrate on even the simplest of tasks. Nothing seems to sync anymore.
I go through days when i don't want to be alone. Yet i'm selective over who i want to be with. Maybe it's pure selfishness to just want friends around and not talk to them. Perhaps all i need is to know that there is someone there to pull me out of the water when i start to go under but not to prevent me from swimming. ;P
*glug... glug... glug...*
4 comments:
Isn't it amazing how some days, you think you're splashing around in a little paddling pool and suddenly have it become a vast ocean? Or a familiar 'rock' that was once there, disappears the next day.
I completely get what you're feeling. Hang on in there. Sometimes, we just need to stretch out our legs and touch the ground to know that the water isn't really that deep.
I'm probably tired of treading water and waiting for a lifeboat to come along.
I'll be ok. *hug* Just trying to keep my head above water. ;)
Dear Amelia,
here I was feeling the same way as you do and coming here to talk about it.
And you are feeling the same way.
I don't know why it is that we are all feeling so low but it sure is an awful place to be at,eh?
Amelia do you belong to Facebook?
I saw your name there but I wasn't sure if it was you or not.
Such a pretty picture.
I rarely go on to Facebook because I do find that it takes a lot of time.
I like to keep track of my nieces and nephews, so that is when I go on.
When I was visiting my nephew, James this morning, I noticed your name.
If it IS you, I will have to comment, OK?
I hope you are feeling better.
Has the stock market being so low affected your job at all Amelia?
It has Bernie's but we are holding in there!
God be with you dear friend....Love Terry
Hi dragonfly,
I can understand how you feel. I often feeling down too, but this trick always works for me :
Sit down alone with a cup of warm coffee. Pick the best spot in the couch, and start count your blessing.
and suddenly, everything looks good :-)
God bless you!
Post a Comment