Tuesday, 11 July 2006

There are some things money can't buy...

Siryn used to groan at me whenever i complain that i'm broke and thereafter contradict myself by shopping for something new. My reply has always been "There's always the credit card". Which in turn, sets off a few more groans and the "Whats with you and credit card? You sound like the MasterCard ad". :P I've been telling her that i wait for the day when i can live out the 'ex-boyfriend' ad. And today was it!!

I had just parked my car in the city's central mall when i noticed HIM coming through the parking entrance. My boss was on the phone next to me so i pretended i didn't see him and busied myself with some documents. I know he definitely saw me coz i noticed the double-take (plus i was right smack in his line of vision) and the fact that he walked past my car though he could've used another way to get to his car. Just as i was about to cross over to the mall, his car came by and he slowed down just as he passed me. I could see him checking me out though he was trying to keep expressionless.

Somehow, a strange feeling of victory bubbled up inside of me. I cannot say if it is from the realization that i'm finally over him OR that he couldn't stop looking at me (and NO, i was not strangely dressed with hair sticking all over the place). Perhaps this elated feeling is that, to me, he doesn't exist anymore yet to him, i still do. Keith Urban sang it right in "You'll Think Of Me" and the best thing is not knowing what could've been or what should've been. As the now famous tagline goes "Dress: $150, Make-up: $100, The look on ex-boyfriend's face: PRICELESS!".

I'm going out to celebrate.....

2 comments:

Siryn said...

... with Paddingtons pancakes... mmm.... *pancake-stuffed groans* :P

dRaGoNfLy WiNgS said...

mmm...Siryn's impersonation of Ah Lian is also priceless! I LIKE AH!!